I’ve actually been nominated quite a while ago… aka probably nearly a month now. I don’t really have an excuse other than me being lazy. BUT I’m finally getting to it and it’s better late than never right…?
So I was actually nominated by two amazing fellow bloggers, Girl with the Paw Print Tattoo and Mental Health at Home. Thank you so much for nominating me and being so supportive!
What is the Liebster Award?
Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The award was discovered for bloggers to promote and support each other’s work. Check out The Global Aussie’s post for more information on the award.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nominations.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Now onto the questions!
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I had been doing a lot of writing at the time. I was going through quite a bit, and my form of outlet was through words. I would literally pour my heart out onto the page (or screen) and let it go. At the beginning, I was just using them as super long captions on Instagram. But eventually I thought it deserved more than just acting as decoration underneath a pretty picture, so I started this blog! It just felt right, as cheesy as it sounds, it was like my ‘calling’. I’ve always wanted to create my own thing, whatever it may be, and my friends were extremely encouraging. That was a long-winded answer. I promise the rest will be more concise.
2. What is your favorite movie?
3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Ah… There are so many places. Somewhere warm, near the ocean, away from the city, surrounded by trees and nature. Probably Bali or Hawaii, although that seems to be the ‘trendy’ thing to do right now and I don’t like to be conventional.
4. What is your favourite season?
Definitely summer. Firstly because I hate the cold. Secondly, I thrive on sunshine. Give me sun, water, plants, and I’ll be a happy bunny.
5. What is your favourite holiday?
I’ve actually gone off celebrating holidays lately. I guess my family was never big on holidays anyway, especially considering where I grew up. But if I had to choose I’d probably say Christmas because everyone seems to be extra jolly during that period.
6. Dogs or cats?
Do I really have to choose??? I love both, so the only reason I’m choosing dogs is because I like taking walks and having a dog with me would make me look less like a freak.
7. Coffee or tea?
Tea all day everyday! I try to stay away from stimulants like caffeine because I don’t mix well with them.
8. What is your favourite book?
This is a tough one. I’d say The Universe Has Your Back by Gabrielle Bernstein because it opened up a new world to me.
9. If you were only given one meal to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Breakfast. I LOVE breakfast food. Oatmeal, avocado toast, pancakes, waffles… I’m so basic.
10. What is your favourite hobby?
11. Who is your favourite band?
Coldplay. I told you I’m basic.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I have a pentagon-shaped birthmark on the inside of my right arm.
- I like rubbing fluffy things against my face.
- I’m convinced I was a cat in my previous life.
- I rubbed a peach against my face when I was 8 and it stung horribly – biggest disappointment of my life.
- I have a scuba-diving license.
- I grew up in the city but love nature. I guess you want what you don’t have.
- I can only sleep in shorts no matter how cold it is.
- I’ve been on a kayaking expedition for 4 days and 3 nights.
- My dream is to run a farm and an animal sanctuary.
- Elephants are my spirit animal.
- I have 10 piercings in total.
My Questions for the Nominees:
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grow up?
- What is your favourite place on Earth?
- What is the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- What is your favourite quote or saying?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Would you travel to Mars if it was free and safe to do so?
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
- What are you most grateful for right now?
- What is the first thing you would grab if your house caught on fire?
- What are you most proud of doing or achieving?
- What is your perfect day like?
Thanks again for the nomination and congratulations to the nominees! I look forward to reading your answers!